I have been so excited thinking about what sort of diaper bag I was planning on carrying after baby came that I came up with a list of my top 5 choices.Because I never need an excuse to look at purses, it was so much fun thinking about all of these purses on my list. My priority was finding a one that did not look like a diaper bag but did not sacrifice looks for functionality. After a lot of research, here are the ones I found that will do the job well while looking good!
Louis Vuitton Neverfull
A classic albeit ubiquitous option, this had to be on my list after I saw how many women raved about using it as a diaper bag.
- Comes in size PM, MM, and GM so that you can choose the one that will fit the space you need.
- The lightweight canvas exterior is nearly indestructible so you don’t need to worry about staining or scuffing.
- The monogram and damier ebene print will carry you through all of the seasons and endless outfits.
- The purse is basically a gaping hole, which can be a good thing because you can be sure that it won’t ever get full.
- No zipper closure so items may fall out in the car or as you bend over. This can be remedied by adding a purse organizer that zips.
- The purse lacks the organizational components of a traditional diaper bag. There’s only a large slip pocket so you may find that everything may get jumbled and be hard to find.
- The straps have been described as uncomfortable when the contents get very heavy. They can also tend to slip off the shoulder.
- The cloth interior will be prone to staining and cannot be easily cleaned in the event of a spill.
- The purse can’t be hung around the handles of your stroller. It also probably won’t fit in the stroller basket.
Goyard St. Louis
A very similar alternative to the Neverfull, however, a lot more understated with different characteristics.
- Comes in size PM, GM so that you can choose the one that will fit the space you need.
- The resin coated linen is extremely light weight and because the straps are leather, they tend to stay on your shoulder
- Comes in a variety of colors so you can choose the one that goes best with your wardrobe: black, white, grey, red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, navy, and burgundy.
- Like the Neverfull, the purse has a huge capacity.
- No zipper closure so a purse organizer may be handy.
- The purse has no organization components except for a small pouch that is attached to the purse.
- The linen does not hold up well over the years. The linen can rip and the corners can wear down.
- The interior is linen as well which is not easily cleaned from spills.
- The handles probably won’t fit around your stroller’s handles nor will it fit in most stroller baskets.
Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 Bandouliere
This is high up on my list of favorites for using as a diaper bag. Super versatile, indestructible, and looks cute!
- Comes in a variety of sizes (25, 30, 35, 40) so you can choose which works best for your baby.
- The canvas material is very durable and lightweight.
- The different prints are bound to complement your outfits all year around.
- The bag can be worn crossbody which is comfortable and convenient and can easily hang around your stroller’s handles. Also depending on the size you choose, it will fit in the stroller’s basket.
- The zipper closure guarantees that everything you want to keep inside, stays inside.
- Like the other options so far, there are limited organizational components — just a small slip pocket.
- Like the Neverfull, the cloth interior won’t be easy to clean if something spills.
Longchamp Le Pliage
A very popular choice for many women and for good reason!
- The nylon exterior is lightweight, durable, and easy to clean.
- The interior is a covered with a water-resistance coating so you never have to worry about spills ruining your bag.
- The purse comes in so many different colors from brights to neutrals.
- You can throw it in the laundry machine to wash it (I’ve tested this, watch the video here)
- Again, there’s not much by way of organization. Just one small slip pocket so you may want to find a way to corral your items.
- The handles won’t fit around your stroller, however, depending on the size purse you get it may fit in the basket.
Longchamp Le Pliage Neo Top Handle
It’s similar to the regular Le Pliage but made of a thicker nylon and comes with a crossbody strap instead of over the shoulder handles. It’s also my pick to use as my baby’s hospital bag and diaper bag!
- Comes in sizes small, medium, and large to fit your needs.
- The nylon is durable, lightweight and easily cleaned.
- The zipper closure means everything will stay contained.
- It comes with a crossbody strap, so it’s very comfortable to wear, won’t fall off your shoulders, and can be hung off your stroller’s handles. The small size can definitely fit in a stroller basket as well.
- Comes in a variety of neutral colors: black, brown, grey, white, pink, red.
- Just like the Le Pliage it has only one slip pocket.
I hope you enjoyed reading my opinions on my top choices for designer diaper bags. The bag I ended purchasing was the Longchamp Neo Top Handle in the small size in black. It fits everything I need for my baby and had the least drawbacks of all the bags I considered. I also love that it fits in my stroller basket and I would feel comfortable leaving it in my car if I didn’t want to carry it around with me. I hope this helps make the best decision for your lifestyle and baby!